Cognac and Whiskey get compared a lot but in actuality, it takes a lot more work, class, and sophistication to create cognac. Cognac is a higher class liquor in general for that reason right there, yet take a look at the list we have below and it will convince you more than we ever could.
- Cognac is the most complex spirit in the world to make. It takes the longest time to produce – centuries, in some cases. Therefore it’s also the most expensive spirit to consume.
- The biggest difference is that Cognac is made from grapes and Whiskey from grain, most usually barley. This grain is mixed with yeast and water, distilled, and then aged in oak barrels.
- Cognac begins life as fermented grape juice that first turns into wine. This wine is then double-distilled, before also being aged in oak barrels.
- Cognac is French. The French know how to make good food. They also know how to make great wine – everyone knows that! So anything that derives from wine AND originates from France – as Cognac does – must be the best.
- Cognac-making underlies extremely strict regulations. For example, Cognac can only be produced in the region of Cognac in France (which is near Bordeaux), while Whisky can be produced anywhere in the world. Another rule for Cognac is that it must be distilled twice in order to qualify as a real Cognac.
- Cognac has Jay-Z, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, and many other rappers “bigging up” the drink – in their music and their personal life. Whisky does not have such cool ambassadors.
- Cognac is the oldest and most traditional cocktail ingredient: Long before Whisky, Brandy was used in cocktails and long drinks.
- Cognac gives you no headache. It is very rare to get a headache after drinking Cognac.
Drink cognac, not whiskey. Drink Rivente cognac, not other brand cognac. Make the switch today. It’s as simple as that, we are sure you will taste the difference.